March 11, 2012

Run for sight!


11/3/2012--Run for sight @ putrajaya

wonder why I still joined for this event at this such a critical and busy period.
I gonna to sit for a test and left 4 days for the preparation of Beijing!!
But I still choose to go.
Two reasons: It is a charity run and already paid for it!

The run start at 7am,its not too early.
but since the venue at Putrajaya we need to depart one hour earlier.
i set the alarm 4.30am because I want to rush for my things.
Yes, im able to wake up but less than half an hour i fall aslept again.
because I sleep late the night before around 1am
.@@
5.45am someone keep calling me and luckily the ringtone can wake me up..@@
or else I think I just can run around UM varsity lake.

ok, back to the topic.
This event is organised by Glaucoma Society.
the runner is blind-folded and lead by his or her partner to run for 5KM.
2 persons in a team.
The purpose is gives a chance for us to experience how is the feeling when we are live in the darkness.

well, Im the one gt blind-folded since my partner feel scare in darkness..haha
the run is started and I am really feel unsecured at first.
I kept imagine anything in front of me, any obstacles cause me fall down, confused with left and right because you will totally fail to differentiate the direction when you are in darkness.
Slowly, im used to it and able to run without too much worry.

The person beside me keep saying left left, right right, stop, got people in front, now walk first, can start to run...
and obviously he is not really good in guiding..haha

Everything is depends on my feeling to sense it, what is surrounding me and what should i do for the next step.
But the most important is trust the person who is leading you, not only trust but 100%.
is difficult to step out if there is any doubt, even 1%...
so thanks for the 45 minutes holding my hand and moved forward=)


Run for sight=)

p/s: time to continue my works after 20 minutes blogging..jiayou^^



0 comments:

Post a Comment